Recognition and Awards
Adult Recognition is a special way of saying “thank you” to adult volunteers or staff in any position in Girl Scouting and people and organizations outside of Girl Scouting who provide invaluable support.
Tokens of thanks that are presented informally at local service units, troop meetings, or by committees or task groups. Some ways to say “thank you” could be:
- A framed photograph
- A published thank-you statement in a Girl Scout publication, website, or newsletter
- A special citation read at a meeting
- Special awards developed by the Service Unit team or committee
- Fun awards or gifts that have a theme. Aka: note cards (“for a noteworthy achievement”)
Awards that are presented for truly significant service in Girl Scouting. These GSUSA awards recognize outstanding accomplishments that go well beyond what would be expected for the position held.
The Volunteer of Excellence Award is a GSUSA award which may be presented at any time of the year by the Community team.
The Appreciation Pin, Honor Pin, Thanks Badge and Thanks Badge II are GSUSA awards approved by the Adult Recognitions Task Group and the Board of Directors. They must be submitted no later than the first Friday in September via email to email@example.com or mailed, faxed or hand delivered to your local service center.Forms are available for you to download on this website.
The At-A-Glance section in the Adult Recognitions packet should help you determine:
- Which awards would be appropriate for your candidate(s)
- Whether letters of endorsement are required, and how many for each type of award
- Who approves the award nomination
- The deadline date for submission of nominations