Junior FIRST LEGO League
For girls ages 6-9, Junior FIRST LEGO League (Jr.FLL®) captures young children's curiosity and directs it toward discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concept to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult Coaches, teams use LEGO® bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
Girls get to:
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO® components
- Create a Show Me Poster and practice presentation skills
- Explore challenges facing today's scientists
- Discover real-world math and science
- Begin developing teamwork skills
- Choose to participate in expos and showcases
- Engage in team activities guided by Jr.FLL Core Values
For adults interested in being coaches or mentors:
Teams generally meet for 6 – 8 weeks. Each meeting last for about one to two hours, one or twice a week. Many teams use their meeting time for the duration of this project. There is a $50 fee to register your team. We ask that you register through us so that we can best support each team and so that as funding or additional volunteers become available we know where to send them.
Apply today to start your team. Official release of all information will be August 1st, 2014.