It is a Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains policy to accept money from a customer only at the time cookies are delivered. Girl Scouts do not take money from customers at the time of order-taking. The one exception is when a customer ONLY orders Gift of Caring Cookies, which will not be delivered to the customer.
There are many reasons why using this method of payment makes sense for Girl Scout troops.
1) Troops no longer have to locate a specific bank, possibly having to travel out of their way to make traditional deposits to the Council accounts.
2) Troops no longer have to be concerned with deposit tickets issued by the Council.
3) Troops no longer have to enter tedious deposit transactions into eBudde.
HOW MUCH MONEY WILL THE ACH WITHDRAWAL TAKE OUT OF OUR TROOP ACCOUNT?
The amount will never exceed the amount due the Council per eBudde, and will not include the troop proceeds.
WHEN WILL THE ACH TRANSACTION OCCUR?
The first ACH – Wednesday, March 6, 2013 ($2.50/box on initial order)
The second ACH – Wednesday, March 20, 2013 (Balance Due Council as of March 19, 2013)
The final ACH – Wednesday, April 10, 2013 (Remaining Balance Due Council)
WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MONEY IN THE TROOP ACCOUNT TO COVER THE BALANCE DUE TO THE COUNCIL?
An Alert form must be submitted. Alert forms must be “in the hands” of the Bedford Accounting Office prior to the scheduled ACH as follows:
First ACH – Alerts are due by Monday, March 4, 2013
Second ACH – Alerts are due by Monday, March 18, 2013
Third ACH – Alerts are due by Monday, April 8, 2013
Note: Failure to comply with the submission of alerts on the above timetable will result in the ACH transaction taking an amount greater than the troop bank account balance; and, troop accounts will incur an insufficient funds fee from their banking institution. Council will not be responsible for bank fees incurred by alerts not being submitted by the above deadlines.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) Girls are encouraged to only accept personal checks from customers they know. If checks are accepted, they should be made payable to Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains and make sure there is a phone number on the check.
2) All proceeds from the Cookie Sale should be deposited into the TROOP bank account as soon as possible, and in time for the ACH withdrawals on March 6, March 20, and April 10.
3) ACH transactions will automatically be made on March 6, March 20, and April 10. The troops will not need to do anything further to facilitate the transactions.
4) The Council will post troop payments to eBudde after the successful transaction is complete.
Questions? Contact Wayne Cofrin, Director of Finance, at 888.474.9686 x131 or 603.623.6404 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org